Re: [HACKERS] Compiler warning in costsize.c

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Compiler warning in costsize.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
ilmari@ilmari.org (Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker) writes:
> Why bother with the 'rte' variable at all if it's only used for the
> Assert()ing the rtekind?

That was proposed a few messages back.  I don't like it because it makes
these functions look different from the other scan-cost-estimation
functions, and we'd just have to undo the "optimization" if they ever
grow a need to reference the rte for another purpose.