Re: pgsql: Remove IS_AF_UNIX macro

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Remove IS_AF_UNIX macro
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
> Remove IS_AF_UNIX macro
> The AF_UNIX macro was being used unprotected by HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS,
> apparently since 2008.

I hadn't looked closely at this patch, but are you referring to
this bit in ip.h?

#ifdef    HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS
#define IS_AF_UNIX(fam) ((fam) == AF_UNIX)
#else
#define IS_AF_UNIX(fam) (0)
#endif

That's by no means "unprotected": we will not try to reference
AF_UNIX unless HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS is set.  I think this change
will fail to break because we set HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS everywhere,
but I believe it was a mistake.  We might as well just nuke
all the HAVE_UNIX_SOCKETS conditional compilation if we let
this stand.

(Now, maybe we should indeed do that.  I don't have much
interest in the possibility that we'll worry about such
platforms in future.)