Re: Query returns no rows in pg_basebackup cluster

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Query returns no rows in pg_basebackup cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 4:10 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> No.  Physical copies need to be based on the same platform.

> Does the O/S that the client software runs on really affect this?

To the extent that the O/S determines text sort order, yes; see thread.

The short answer here is that we aren't going to support such cases.
If you try to replicate across platforms, and it works, you're in luck.
If it doesn't work, you get to keep both pieces; we will not accept
that as a bug.