Re: Multiple postmasters running from same directory

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Multiple postmasters running from same directory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vikas Sharma <shavikas@gmail.com> writes:
> So is it normal for postgres to fork out new postmaster processes from the
> same data directory? I haven't seen this earlier.

They're not postmasters, they're child processes, as you can easily tell
from the PID/PPID columns of your ps output.  But a process inherits its
title from the parent at fork(), and per this discussion, they haven't
changed it yet.

Сообщение: Re: cursors and function question
Сообщение: Re: cursors and function question