Re: Killing the backend to cancel a long waiting query

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Killing the backend to cancel a long waiting query
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Paulo Scardine [mailto:paulos@cimed.ind.br] wrote:
<snip>
So I hacked a small pggetpid and pgkillpid C functions, and now I can
learn
the backend's PID, start the query in a new thread, and kill the backend
using another connection if I want. Its ugly, I know, but worked
wonderfully
with ODBC, the Delphi developers here and the users are very happy.
</snip>

If you are using Delphi, and you are also using Postgres, you should
consider using the Zeos (http://www.zeoslib.net) database component
library for Delphi instead of ODBC.  You will generally get better
performance plus Zeos accesses pg directly though the libpq interface
(so you can send request cancel, do asynch. queries, etc.).  Also, if
you ever end up making the move to linux application development
(kylix), your life will be much easier.

Regards,
Merlin