Re: Win32 native port

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Win32 native port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Jensen [mailto:jon@endpoint.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2003 4:32 PM
To: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Win32 native port

On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Dann Corbit wrote:

> Did you read this:
> "This means that unless you modify the tools so that compiled
> executables do not make use of the Cygwin library, your compiled
> programs will also have to be free software distributed under the GPL
> with source code available to all."

I am fairly certain that (in English) this paragraph reads: "if your
software needs Cygwin.dll to run (or is static linked to cygwin runtime
libraries), it is GPL software."

I agree, I think cygwin flex and bison can be used without any licensing
issues.  We are only concerned with the output of the software generated
from non-GPL input (another way of looking at it, do GPL work processors
produce only GPL documents?? viral, indeed!).

Merlin