Re: Win32 native port

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Win32 native port
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
-----Original Message-----
From: Marc G. Fournier [mailto:scrappy@hub.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 6:13 PM
To: Joerg Hessdoerfer; Alexander Schulz; Hannu Krosing
Cc: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Win32 native port

> First, there was a branch created a couple of weeks ago: WIN32_DEV
that
> you can access via anon cvs ... this is where work in Win32 is going
> happen until its ready to be brought back into the mainstream, and is
> based on code from "date: 2003/08/08 17:17:17" (or thereabouts) ...

Great news!  Do you know if this branch contains up to date (and
complete) versions Bruce and Jan's work?

> Second, we created a list specifically for those wishing to dive into
and
> work on this: pgsql-hackers-win32 ...

I'm going to see what I can get started.  To the other posters, my
understanding of the status:

Win32 port compiles but not links.
Port generally based on the SRA, not the PeerDirect version, except for
the threading support, which was removed.
The build environment is MinGW (win32 port of GNU compiling tools i.e.
gcc, make, configure, etc.).  IIRC the MinGW environment also includes C
runtime libraries.
The main missing parts are signals and fork/exec.  The Microsoft signals
can't be used (via source or binary) without introducing a compiling
dependency on Microsoft compilers and are incomplete anyways for pg's
needs (out of spec handling of integer div/0 for example).  Personally I
think fork/exec should be easy but signals will be tougher.  Does
anybody know of a BSD licensed signal implementation that compiles on
win32?

Happy Hacking,
Merlin