Re: allow online change primary_conninfo

От Sergei Kornilov
Тема Re: allow online change primary_conninfo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi

> For one, it's not ok to just let the startup process think that the
> walreceiver failed - that'll make it change source of WAL to the next
> available method. Something we definitely do not want, as
> restore_command is very commonly slower.

Ok. This was not mentioned before Michael response yesterday. restore_command is much faster compared to database
restart,also switch to a different method was proposed few years ago by Simon Riggs in original change recovery.conf
proposal(
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CANP8+jLO5fmfudbB1b1iw3pTdOK1HBM=xMTaRfOa5zpDVcqzew@mail.gmail.com/). I
assumedwe can start with this. Sorry for your wasted time.

> That'd still switch to a different method, something we do not want...

Ok, do not want means we do not want. Will try change behavior.

regards, Sergei

Сообщение: Re: REL_11_STABLE: dsm.c - cannot unpin a segment that is not pinned
Сообщение: Re: REL_11_STABLE: dsm.c - cannot unpin a segment that is not pinned