Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to accept incoming network connections" dialog box madness

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to accept incoming network connections" dialog box madness
Дата
Ответ на BUG #15300: "do you want the application "postgres" to acceptincoming network connections" dialog box madness  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Bug_reporting_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> I have a "allow/deny" dialog box that comes up constantly on my mac for
> about 1 second and then goes away.
> The dialog message box reads : "do you want the application "postgres" to
> accept incoming network connections"
> This message comes up and down so quickly I had to record the screen with my
> cellphone to be able to read the dialogue box

We've heard of such a thing once before:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/4330A48F-CB63-4F0E-99AA-DEC23EEC0E75%40gmail.com

It's far from clear what's causing it, especially if you don't have any
user-installed copy of Postgres.  (I believe some versions of Apple
Remote Desktop bundle a copy of it, though.)  It'd be interesting to
know what is in your /etc/hosts file, as discussed in the prior thread.