Re: Remove useless associativity/precedence from parsers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove useless associativity/precedence from parsers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Akim Demaille <akim@lrde.epita.fr> writes:
> In the following two proposed patches, I remove directives that are
> completely useless.

I'm far from convinced that the proposed changes in gram.y are a good
idea.  Both [] and . (field selection) *are* left-associative in a
meaningful sense, so even if this change happens not to affect what
Bison does, I think the declarations are good documentation.  Would
you have us also change the user documentation at
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-PRECEDENCE
?

I haven't looked at the jsonpath grammar closely enough to have an
opinion about that one.