Re: [HACKERS] Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Implement targetlist SRFs using ROWS FROM() (was Changed SRF in targetlist handling)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'd not have gone for SetResult if we didn't already have Result.  I'm
> not super happy ending up having Project in ProjectSet but not in the
> Result that end up doing the majority of the projection.  But eh, we can
> live with it.

Using Result for two completely different things is a wart though.  If we
had it to do over I think we'd define Result as a scan node that produces
rows from no input, and create a separate Project node for the case of
projecting from input tuples.  People are used to seeing Result in EXPLAIN
output, so it's not worth the trouble of changing that IMO, but we don't
have to use it as a model for more node types.