Re: Query Assistance

От Gary Chambers
Тема Re: Query Assistance
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
D'Arcy...

> Have you considered this?

I considered integrating the begin and end times into the table.  I'm
capturing the data via ACPI events, so it's "transactional" by nature.
I want to be able to keep track of false transitions (hence the
is_outage field).

I'm looking for a way to simplify the transitions output on my web
browser, and I want to combine an offline and a corresponding online
time into a single line.

> I am also thinking of a scheme that uses two tables but I don't really
> know your environment or requirements.  I am assuming that you spend
> more time querying the table than updating it.  If not your problem
> isn't your database, it's your power plant.  :-)

It's nothing complex at all.  The power in my neighborhood is
infamously unstable, and I'm merely keep records to complain as much
as I can to the power company.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

-- Gary Chambers

// Nothing fancy and nothing Microsoft!