Re: Something is broken about connection startup

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Something is broken about connection startup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I assume you're going to back-patch this, and the consequences of
> failing to reset it before going idle could easily be vastly worse
> than the problem you're trying to fix.  So I'd rather not make
> assumptions like "the client will probably never sleep between Bind
> and Execute".  I bet that's actually false, and I certainly wouldn't
> want to bet the farm on it being true.

No, I'm not at all proposing to assume that.  But I may be willing to
assume that "we don't hold a CatalogSnapshot between Bind and Execute
unless we're also holding a transaction snapshot".  I need to do a bit
more research to see if that's actually true, though.