Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2
Дата
Re: Support for N synchronous standby servers - take 2  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> On 07/17/2015 04:36 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> I'm guessing it'd be really ugly/hard to support at least this GUC being
>> multi-line?

> Mind you, multi-line GUCs would be useful otherwise, but we don't want
> to hinge this feature on making that work.

I'm pretty sure that changing the GUC parser to allow quoted strings to
continue across lines would be trivial.  The problem with it is not that
it's hard, it's that omitting a closing quote mark would then result in
the entire file being syntactically broken, with the error message(s)
almost certainly pointing somewhere else than where the actual mistake is.
Do we really want such a global reduction in friendliness to make this
feature easier?

Сообщение: Re: xlc 12.1 miscompiles 32-bit ginCompareItemPointers()
Сообщение: Re: xlc 12.1 miscompiles 32-bit ginCompareItemPointers()