Re: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 05:39:09AM +0000, Kuroda, Hayato wrote:
>> I'm not sure why extensions contained by temporary schemas are
>> acceptable.

> Because there are cases where they actually work.

More to the point, it doesn't seem that hard to think of cases
where this would be useful.  PG extensions are very general
things.  If you want to create a whole pile of temporary objects
and do that repeatedly, wrapping them up into an extension is
a nice way to do that, nicer really than anything else we offer.
So I'd be sad if we decided to forbid this.

> Per the game of dependencies, extensions located in a temporary schema
> would get automatically dropped at session end.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like there's actually any missing functionality
there, at least not any that's specific to extensions.