Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Changes to handling version numbers internally
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The version number would be set in configure.in as in

Makes sense to me.  Right now there is a list someplace of all the
places that have to be edited to update the version number :-(.
If configure could help centralize/automate that, it'd be great.

I also concur that supporting non-numeric suffixes on the version
string would be a big improvement.

> I also think that we could scrap the pg_version program.

Yes, it seems like dead weight to me too.  I think that it
predates our use of configure, so at the time it might have
been necessary mechanism, but now...