Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1

От Frans Van Elsacker
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ordering RH6.1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I download all the rpm from
(http://www.ramifordistat.net/postgres/RPMS/redhat-6.x/postgresql*-2nl.i386.
rpm)
and have install each of them in redhat 6.1.

But we received the same bad results as before.
- my redhat was downloaded from a mirror site as a cd-image- and there where some older version of postgres (v 6.5.2-1)
installedon

our test system before. They were first uninstalled.

This are the only two packages that we have running on our machine. I've
choose the half-automatic graphic install of redhat. Selected some standard
tools like ftp, network tool,... and choose a belgian keyboard. I have left
the timezone selection as default.

Strange things!

I see only the following posibilities :    - Our redhat cd-image is different from yours (Why ??)    - influence of the
olderversions     - keyboard settings ???

This is our result :

[postgres@dekatest pgsql]$ psql test
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor: Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.3 on i586-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.66]
  type \? for help on slash commands  type \q to quit  type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute queryYou are
currentlyconnected to the database: test

test=> CREATE TABLE BLANK (column1 varchar(5));
CREATE
test=> INSERT  INTO BLANK (column1) VALUES ('    1');
INSERT 587145 1
test=> INSERT  INTO BLANK (column1) VALUES ('   11');
INSERT 587146 1
test=> INSERT  INTO BLANK (column1) VALUES ('  100');
INSERT 587147 1
test=> INSERT  INTO BLANK (column1) VALUES ('    2');
INSERT 587148 1
test=> SELECT * FROM BLANK order by column1;
column1
-------     1   100    11     2
(4 rows)
Any Idea ?