Re: bug in permission handling?

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: bug in permission handling?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 10:29 AM 14-01-2002 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>Martin Renters <martin@datafax.com> writes:
>> Should the permissions of a deleted user get assigned to a new user
>> as in the example below?
>
>That can happen, since the default "usesysid" assignment is "max
>existing usesysid + 1".  If you delete the last user then their sysid
>becomes a candidate for reassignment.  This is not real good, but fixing
>it isn't that high on the priority list (and is difficult to do unless
>we take away the option of hand-assigned sysids ... otherwise we could
>just have a sequence generator for sysids).

I think the sequence way is good for now - don't reuse user ids. However
what's the max possible user id?

Also that way if someone screws up and deletes the wrong user, it might
still be possible to restore the user and permissions.

Cheerio,
Link.

Сообщение: Re: Problem reloading regression database
Сообщение: Re: Problem reloading regression database