Re: [WAY OT] Re: PL/java?

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: [WAY OT] Re: PL/java?
Дата
Re: [WAY OT] Re: PL/java?
Список pgsql-general
Just curious about one thing.

How was the perl app implemented?

It seems Solaris doesn't do/fork processes very well which is why Sun
pushes threads.

Whereas *BSD and Linux do processes about as well as Solaris does threads.

Postgresql doesn't do so well on our Solaris 2GB box as it does on a 128MB
Linux x86 box.

I haven't compared MySQL (threaded) on Solaris vs Linux.

Cheerio,
Link.