Re: Bytea/Base64 encoders for libpq - interested?

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: Bytea/Base64 encoders for libpq - interested?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 11:55 AM 28-08-2001 +0200, Karel Zak wrote:
> What implement base64 PostgreSQL datetype that use externaly base64 and
>internaly same things as bytea. It prevent FE and parser problems with

Another point:

I have no problems with base64[1]. However I was thinking that it might be
far easier for the C/C++/Java (and other low level languages) bunch to do
hexadecimal. e.g. zero zero for null, zero A for line feed.

It expands things in the input/output stream, but it might be worth some
consideration. Simplicity, cpu usage etc.

Cheerio,
Link.

[1] OK, I can't convert base64 to ASCII mentally yet. But I don't think
that should really a factor.