Re: Incomplete idea about views and INSERT...RETURNING

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: Incomplete idea about views and INSERT...RETURNING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 18:03 21/07/01 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

>Could we get away with restricting INSERT RETURNING to work only on
>inserts directly to tables (no ON INSERT DO INSTEAD allowed)?  Or is
>that too much of a kluge?

I don't see it as a kludge, just a limitation on the first pass. If people
need the feature then they can recode their DO INSTEAD as a trigger (I
think that works...). You probably need to return useful information to the
application to let it know what has happened, however.

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/