Re: Why do things slow down without a VACUUM?

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: Why do things slow down without a VACUUM?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
At 09:17 PM 29-04-2001 -0500, GH wrote:

>As it seems you know, PostgreSQL "leaves behind" the stagnant rows after
>an UPDATE or DELETE; it merely sets a flag (IIRC) to that effect.

OK. I read http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/aw_pgsql_book/node110.html

So the stagnant rows are for the other transactions.

I was hoping that there would be a way for queries to find rows quickly,
ignoring stagnant rows. e.g. maybe a subindex pointing to the latest row
with some info so that transactions know whether they should use the latest
or not (Not valid if your transaction started before... - with the usual
rollover issues ;) ). Something like that anyway.

Cheerio,
Link.

Сообщение: Re: Why do things slow down without a VACUUM?
Сообщение: Re: Why do things slow down without a VACUUM?