Re: beta6 pg_restore core dumps

От Philip Warner
Тема Re: beta6 pg_restore core dumps
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 12:31 17/03/01 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

>This would be a lot simpler and cleaner if _PrintData() simply didn't
>append a zero byte to the buffer contents.  Philip, is it actually
>necessary for it to do that?

Strictly, I think the answer is that it is not necessary. The output of the
uncompress may be a string, which could be passed to one of the str*
functions by a downstream call. AFAICT, this is not the case, and the code
should work without it, but it's probably safer in the long run to leave it
there. If you have strong feelings about removing it, I'll have a closer
look at the code, but my guess is that it was just me being paranoid (and
stuffing up).

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/

Сообщение: Re: beta6 pg_restore core dumps
Сообщение: Re: beta6 pg_restore core dumps