RE: Performance monitor

От Philip Warner
Тема RE: Performance monitor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 19:59 7/03/01 -0500, Mike Mascari wrote:
>I like the idea of updating shared memory with the performance statistics,
>current query execution information, etc., providing a function to fetch
>those statistics, and perhaps providing a system view (i.e. pg_performance)
>based upon such functions which can be queried by the administrator.

This sounds like The Way to me. Although I worry that using a view (or
standard libpq methods) might be too expensive in high load situations
(this is not based on any knowledge of the likely costs, however!).

We do need to make this as cheap as possible since we don't want to distort
the stats, and it will often be used to diagnose perormance problems, and
we don't want to contribute to those problems.

PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/