Re: Re: MySQL has transactions

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: Re: MySQL has transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 10:02 AM 1/25/01 -0500, you wrote:
>> When Postgresql 6.5 came out it, it was VERY MUCH better ( many many
>thanks
>> to the developers and all involved). And I'm waiting for a solid 7.1 to
>fix
>> that <8KB issue.
>
>Technically..
>
><= BLCKSZ (can be up to  32k)
>
>I've been using PostgreSQL with a 32k BLCKSZ since 7.0 (on a productions
>server) and haven't had a problem one..

Yep but doesn't quite help my webmail app :).

I'm wondering if TOAST is going to be efficient enough for me to plonk
multimegabyte email attachments into the database.

However I've also a suspicion that there might be problems doing

INSERT INTO mytable (a) values ( 'aa.......');

Where aa... is a few megabytes long :). There's probably a query size limit
somewhere between my app and TOAST.

Cheerio,
Link.