Re: What's WAL (wasRe: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?)

От Lincoln Yeoh
Тема Re: What's WAL (wasRe: [GENERAL] Postgres INSERTs much slower than MySQL?)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I dunno what's WAL either.

>not trying to be. Please forgive me. If at all possible I will try to
>atone by installing RH 6.x on my machine at work, if I can do it where
>my boss can boot (from a shutdown machine) into windows without knowing
>Linux exists. :)

There are many different ways to achieve this.

You can create two partitions one for Windows and one for Linux. It always
boots up to DOS/Windows. To get to linux you run a DOS program which loads
stuff.

The other end of the spectrum is where you load the payware VMWare stuff.
It allows you to emulate a complete new PC with it's own BIOS on Linux.
Basically you run Linux, and then within Linux you can boot up one or even
more virtual PCs which can run DOS, Windows, OS/2 Linux even and so on. It
runs at almost native speeds from what I hear.

Cheerio,

Link.