BLOBS and security

От Philip Warner
Тема BLOBS and security
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Another thing that whoever is implementing BLOBS will have to be aware of
is making sure that access to individual BLOBS is controlled by the
'owning' table.

I don't know if an implementation has been settled on, but at one point it
was suggested that BLOBs be stored in a single table. I suspect this
approach would not work for the above reason.

Also, is there any reason why BLOBs need to be stored in a table at all?
Can lower level I/O routines to be used to chain groups of pages together?

Finally, is there a plan for the BLOB implementation that is available for
comment?

(A.C.N. 008 659 498)             |          /(@)   ______---_
Tel: +61-03-5367 7422            |                 _________  \
Fax: +61-03-5367 7430            |                 ___________ |
PGP key available upon request,  |  /
and from pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371   |/

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] RE: [INTERFACES] Re: SSL patch
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] RE: [INTERFACES] Re: SSL patch