POSIX regex performance bug in 7.3 Vs. 7.2

От wade
Тема POSIX regex performance bug in 7.3 Vs. 7.2
Дата
Re: POSIX regex performance bug in 7.3 Vs. 7.2  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, We recently upgraded a project from 7.2 to 7.3.1 to make use of some of
the cool new features in 7.3.  The installed version is CVS stable from
yesterday.  However, we noticed a major performance hit in POSIX regular
expression matches against columns using the ~* operator.
http://arch.wavefire.com/badregex73.txt has explain analyze output from 7.2
and 7.3.1 respectively.  Both of these tables have only 101 rows.  The
7.3.1 install is using the default settings from postgresql.conf.
 Any ideas as to why this should be happening?
 Should anyone require additional information, please let me know.

-Wade Klaver