Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC oin Windows

От Ken J. Wright
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] ODBC oin Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
At 09:12 01/07/2000 +0000, Didier Gasser-Morlay wrote:
>In a tdbgrid component.

Just to confirm, you're checking the data type by looking at
dbgrid.fields[x].datatype/size?

>I have now tried the Numeric data type (as advised by Michael J davis)
>as in Numeric (10,2). D4 sees it as a char(255) !!!!

This is a driver issue.
**
Byron, the decimal (numeric) type has never been added to the driver.
**
Your driver setting is probably set to convert unknowns to maxvarchar,
which the BDE converts to char(255). That's where I don't like the BDE. It
does things for you that you are not aware of.
Along with the links that Sergio sent, also look at
http://www.odbcexpress.com for an industrial strength odbc api for Delphi.
Not free however.

>I am using PG 6.5.1 should I upgrade to 6.5.3 or to that respect would
>there be NO difference ?

No difference.

Ken