Re: AW: Big 7.1 open items

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: AW: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 10:04 AM 6/15/00 +0200, Zeugswetter Andreas SB wrote:

>> In reality, very few people are going to be interested in restoring
>> a table in a way that breaks referential integrity and other
>> normal assumptions about what exists in the database.
>
>This is not true. In my DBA history it would have saved me manweeks
>of work if an easy and efficient restore of one single table from backup
>would have been available in Informix and Oracle.
>We allways had to restore most of the whole system to another machine only
>to get back at some table info that would then be manually re-added
>to the production system.

I'm missing something, I guess.  You would do a createdb, do a filesystem
copy of pg_log and one file into it, and then read data from the tablewithout having to restore the other tables in the
database?

I'm just curious - when was the last time you restored a Postgres
database in this piecemeal manner, and how often do you do it?