Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd trigger does not work very well

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] update_pg_pwd trigger does not work very well
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 08:34 AM 2/28/00 +0100, Jan Wieck wrote:

>    I consider it a hack, since this particular trigger  needs  a
>    global flag known explicitly by xact routines. I like general
>    solutions instead.

It's very much a hack.  Something like the "on commit execute()"
solution would be much better.  How crucial is a short-term fix
for this particular problem?  Could it wait until a more generalized
facility is provided?

If not I suppose it could be hacked in with copious notes that it
should be redone later.