Re: [HACKERS] type coerce problem with lztext

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] type coerce problem with lztext
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 05:02 PM 2/27/00 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

>My guess is that Don's problems are stemming from rules that reference
>tables that have many more columns than are being output.  Citations
>of the otherwise-unreferenced columns in the rtable could add a lot of
>bulk that wasn't there before.  But it doesn't look to me like the size
>of a simple "SELECT *" rule string has grown all that much.

I'll buy that.  A couple of the views I was having problems with were
indeed returning a few columns from a view joining a couple of tables, with
in two cases a "where" clause with a further subselect returning
a single column (used on the right of an "=").  I might add that the
problem was made worse by the fact that the view itself wasn't as
complex earlier - I updated my PG7.0 snapshot to include Thomas'
last changes at roughly same time I updated the web toolkit.

I picked out one doing just a "select *" as an example because I
felt it would kind of drive the point home that simple views on
relatively small tables were failing...