Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 02:07 PM 2/21/00 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>I am totally confused why "from bar bar" is different from "bar".

In the rule created for the view, the from clause gets generated
like this:

"from foo (list of columns), ..."

or - if an explicit range table name is given

"from foo foo (list of columns), ..."

The parser doesn't like the first form, is googoo-eyed over
the second and takes it without error.  I'm too busy to look at Date
or the SQL standard at the moment, but the list of columns is a non-standard
PG-ism anyway, isn't it?  Something lingering from pre-SQL days?

Is the list of columns even needed?  Is this some inheritance-related
thing?

As I mentioned in my earlier note, I was too swamped by my porting
effort to dig into this at all, and between work, the web toolkit,
and work on http://birdnotes.net won't have time to explore this
in the next couple of weeks.  I did take enough time to see that
the rule is built on the parse tree for the underlying select which
is why the hack of adding the range table name explicitly while
parsing if it's not mentioned came to mind.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Beta for 4:30AST ... ?