Re: [HACKERS] Solution for LIMIT cost estimation

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Solution for LIMIT cost estimation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 04:28 PM 2/14/00 +1100, Chris Bitmead wrote:

>LIMIT is not SQL

No, of course not but of course you're ignoring my point

>My predudices are caused by what I use PostgreSQL for, which is
>more favourable to the latter.

This, actually, IS my primary point.  Tailoring a product to your
personal prejudices when it is meant to be used by a very wide
range of folks is not wise.

If Postgres is to be tailored to any particular person's
prejudices, why yours and not mine?  Or Tom's?  Or Bruce's?

The reality is that the developers apparently made the decision
to make Postgres into a real, albeit open source, product with
the intention that it receive wide use.

THAT - or so I believe - is the goal, not to tailor it to
any one person (or any small set of persons) particular prejudices.

That, for instance, is why it was decided to turn PG into an SQL92
compliant RDBMS.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Solution for LIMIT cost estimation
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Solution for LIMIT cost estimation