Re: [HACKERS] Solution for LIMIT cost estimation

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Solution for LIMIT cost estimation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 03:32 PM 2/14/00 +1100, Chris Bitmead wrote:

>I agree you should probably go the whole hog one way or the other. I
>think
>ignoring offset+limit is a useful option, but like I said at the
>beginning, it doesn't bother me _that_ much.

It should bother you that folks who understand how SQL works might
be penalized in order to insulate the fact that those who don't know
how SQL works from an understanding of their own ignorance...

Shouldn't we be more concerned with folks who bother to read an
SQL primer?  Or Oracle or Informix docs on SQL?