Re: [HACKERS] TODO item

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TODO item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 10:26 PM 2/7/00 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> writes:
>> Seems like little redesign needed, except for adding the need_fsync
>> flag.  Should be no more than about 20 lines.
>
>If you think this is a twenty line fix, take a deep breath and back
>away slowly.  You have not understood the problem.

And, again, thank you.

>This is not a trivial change.

I was actually through that code months ago, wondering why (ahem)
PG was so stupid about disk I/O and reached the same conclusion.

Therefore, I was more than pleased when a simple fix to get rid
of fsync's on read-only transactions arose.  In my application
space, this alone gave a huge performance boost.

WAL...that's it.  If Vadim is going to be unavailable because
of his new job, we'll need to figure out another way to do it.