Re: [HACKERS] CFH: Mariposa, distributed DB

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CFH: Mariposa, distributed DB
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 12:04 AM 2/8/00 +0200, Hannu Krosing wrote:

>The site to go for information was determined by an auction where each site
>offered speed and cost for looking up the data. Usually the didn't also
>quarantee the latest data, just the "best effort".

I just glanced at the website.  They explicitly mention that they don't
require global synchronization, because it would slow down response time
for many things (with thousands of server, that sounds like an
understatement).

So, yes, it would appear they don't guarantee the latest data.