Re: [HACKERS] TODO item

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] TODO item
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 11:31 AM 2/7/00 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>I hate to see you give up on this.

>Don't tell me we fsync on every buffer write, and not just at
>transaction commit?  That is terrible.

Won't we have many more options in this area, i.e. increasing performance
while maintaining on-disk data integrity, once WAL is implemented?

snapshot+WAL = your database so in theory -F on tables and
the transaction log would be safe as long as you have a snapshot and
as long as the WAL is being fsync'd and you have the disk space to
hold the WAL until you update your snapshot, no?