Re: [HACKERS] END/ABORT

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] END/ABORT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 12:32 PM 1/28/00 -0800, Don Baccus wrote:
>At 06:54 PM 1/28/00 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>I'd like to yank the END/ABORT commands, since they're non-standard and
>>redundant (COMMIT/ROLLBACK). Anyone who could not bear to see them go?
>>(Of course END would stay as a reserved word.)

>I've got a lot of existing application code that has "end" in it...

>"begin" is non-standard, too...

Actually, to think again, for my application space (web toolkit) it
wouldn't be a problem because my rewrite of AOLserver's postgres
driver tracks transactions (both forms) and could easily issue
"COMMIT/ROLLBACK" in all cases.  So I don't care :)

But, as Bruce points out, there's probably a fair amount of legacy
code out there that uses "END/ABORT"...