Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping  (Peter Eisentraut <e99re41@DoCS.UU.SE>)
Список pgsql-hackers
At 09:48 PM 1/24/00 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Maybe that is true.  Having phantom column all over the code is going to
>be a mess, and hardly worth it considering how many developers there are
>and how many _big_ items still have to be done.

Works for Oracle...I guess Postgres is just an obviously more robust,
faster, more reliable, and altogether more brilliant RDBMS than this
loser commercial DB?  It's really hard to understand why Postgres has
had such a poor reputation over the years when faced with such facts,
isn't it?

>Messing up code for one feature is rarely worth it.

Dropping constraints on a table just because you drop a column is
just butt-ugly.

Sorry if you disagree.