Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Well, then you keep your darn columns
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 03:51 PM 1/24/00 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>9) What really gets me though is what your problem is. This is a nearly
>SQL-compliant implementation of a very important feature.

Really?  Dropping constraints fits the definition of "nearly compliant"?
Not sure I'd agree with that.  It makes it fairly useless for a very wide
range
of users coming from a commercial db environment, because such users tend
to use referential integrity very heavily.

Regarding the rest of your note, I should hope that what's clear is that
folks don't really have a beef with your stepping up to the plate to
implement an important feature, but rather the fait-accompli approach
you took rather than raising the issue for discussion beforehand.