Re: Multiple Spindles ( Was: Re: [HACKERS] [hackers]development suggestion needed )

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: Multiple Spindles ( Was: Re: [HACKERS] [hackers]development suggestion needed )
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 11:41 PM 1/13/00 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>And put sort and large objects somewhere separate too.

Yeah, very very good point!  Though toasted or roasted or toasty or
whatever large objects (I unsubscribed for a few crucial days when
I was back east travelling around with my girlfriend) might make
the large-object issue less important?

Also, for sorting, many sites will just load down with RAM, and this
will increase rapidly over the next few years (despite current
SDRAM high prices and the whole RDRAM fiasco).  But really really
big sites might appreciate such a feature...