Re: [HACKERS] Simmultanous Connections (fwd)

От Don Baccus
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Simmultanous Connections (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 01:35 PM 1/10/00 -0500, Lamar Owen wrote:

>I don't know how close to the AOLserver model PHP is (I think it is
>pretty close, as the beta of PHP4 is buildable to run as a module under
>AOLserver), but the concept of pooled persistent connections is a sound
>one, and eliminates some grief (as long as you watch your transactions
>-- don't want two connections that happen to share a pool instance to
>share a transaction roolback!).

Spoken like a long-suffering user of AOLserver's original postgres
driver :)

I've solved this particular problem in the latest version of the driver,
and other problems related to backends crashing and the like.  This is
why I suggest that if there are problems with PHPs persistent database
connections and Postgres that the PHP implementation of such connections
needs work.  I know from experience that persistent pooled connections
can be implemented in a non-robust fashion (the old postgres driver for
AOLserver) but I also know that they can be made robust, from personal
experience.