alter table crashes back end

От Don Baccus
Тема alter table crashes back end
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
As I've mentioned previously, I'm porting over a web toolkit
from Oracle to Postgres.

One portion of the toolkit creates and alters tables to add
user-defined fields into what's being used essentially as a
meta-table (used to later define real tables).  One page
forgets to check for an empty form before issuing its
"alter table" command, and it crashed the backend.  I'm
correcting its forgetfulness, but am also reporting the
problem:

alter table foo add;

gives a parser error, which is fine.

alter table foo add();

crashes the backend.

I'd say it's really low priority, but should be fixed.