Unable to create tables...

От Don Baccus
Тема Unable to create tables...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I mentioned this earlier in the context of pg_dump, which fails
trying to create the table "pgdump_oid".

After a bit, a memory jog reminded me that I've seen this
before, with the table "foo", which I once used for testing.

After a fair number of "create/drop" cycles, making then
dropping tables for testing, pgsql now refuses to let me
"create table foo...", giving the same simple error message
"can't create foo" as pg_dump's getting on pgdump_oid.

I can't "drop table foo", getting an error message telling
me the class doesn't exist, so that's not the problem.

I CAN create/drop other tables, i.e. "create table bar..."
followed by "drop table bar" works fine.

So it doesn't appear to be a general permissions problem,
i.e. it's not as though the system thinks I don't have
create table rights.

It would seem as some system table is being corrupted???

Does this sound at all familiar?

Unfortunately, I don't know how to reproduce this other
than create/drop tables until eventually it fails.  As
I mentioned in my first note, pg_dump has been running
nightly on this database for weeks, at least, with no
errors reported.  Suddenly - poof! can't create pgdump_oid.