Re: I'm about to release the next postgresql RFD. Comments

От Mike Cox
Тема Re: I'm about to release the next postgresql RFD. Comments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Woodchuck Bill wrote:

> scrappy@postgresql.org ("Marc G. Fournier") wrote in
>
>> As a side note ... if/when the CFV is called and those 4 are
>> approved/rejected, that will not change what is available on
>> news.postgresql.org, it will only improve the propogation of those 4
>> specific groups so that more servers around the world carry them ...
>
> [reply from list owner crossposted to news.groups]

Exactly.  The groups that are relevant to most (determined by # of posts)
will get wider exposure ensuring that more people will take up postgresql
or have better access to help.

The ones not on the list to be made into the big 8 will always be accessible
from the news.postgresql.org server.

Also, please, if I've missed an important group you think SHOULD be in the
big 8, please let me know in this thread.