Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.

От Mike Cox
Тема Re: Postresql RFD version 2.0 Help Wanted.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Devin L. Ganger wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 11:11:09 -0800, Mike Cox <mikecoxlinux@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  Since we have the discussion going, someone mentioned that the group
>>  name
>>  should be comp.databases.postgresql.  I think this is a good name and
>>  I'd like to see what everyone thinks of it.
>
> I think you're pursuing this backwards, Mike. You should contact the
> current owner of the present mail-to-news gateway and build some sort of
> consensus with *him* on what the problem and proposed solution is, before
> trying to create a solution that will only muddy the waters up even
> farther.
>
> This person made a choice to use Big 8 namespace on his server (and other
> servers). His server, his rules. Maybe he can be brought to the table to
> discuss why that isn't the easy fix he thought it was and figure out what
> the best way to go is from here.

That is way beyond my technical scope I'm afraid.  I wouldn't know what the
correct solution would be.  Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu>, seems very
knowledgable about this, and I would be pleased if you could mail the
postgresql list person about this discussion and Russ's email address.  If
the postgresql list manager and Russ decide it is a bad idea to be part of
the big 8, all the list maintainer has to do is post a message to
news.groups and I will not go any farther.

Basically if the mailing list-news-gateway doesn't want to be in the big 8
then I'm not going to continue in that process.