Re: [GENERAL] equivalent for md5, clobs and varchar2 list

От George Neuner
Тема Re: [GENERAL] equivalent for md5, clobs and varchar2 list
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 00:01:09 +0000, Peter Koukoulis
<pkoukoulis@gmail.com> wrote:

>is there an equivalent of a odcivarchar2list in PostgreSQL. I'm running the
>code in Oracle 11gr2.
>I know that the equivalent of  dbms_crypto. hash(  " " ,2) is md5(), but I
>cannot find anything similar to odcivarchar2list?
>I am constrained by not being able to declare types in the database. I am
>using 9.6.3 on Debian.

MD5 would be 'char(34)' - MD5 produces a 32 character result, and
Postrgesql adds a 2 character tag.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/pgcrypto.html

CLOB would be be 'text', or equivalently, 'varchar' without a length
qualifier.  Postgresql does not distinguish character LOBs as a
separate type, and 'text' is just shorthand for unlimited 'varchar'.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/datatype-character.html

I had to look up odcivarchar2list - according to the Oracle docs it is
a 'varray(m) of varchar(n)'.

The equivalent in Postgresql would be  'varchar(n)[m]'.
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/arrays.html

Hope this helps.
George