Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024-05-18 Sa 15:43, Yasir wrote:

On Sat, May 18, 2024 at 7:27 PM Josef Šimánek <josef.simanek@gmail.com> wrote:
pá 17. 5. 2024 v 8:09 odesílatel Yasir <yasir.hussain.shah@gmail.com> napsal:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> I have been playing with PG on the Windows platform recently. An annoying thing I faced is that a lot of Visual Studio's temp files kept appearing in git changed files. Therefore, I am submitting this very trivial patch to ignore these temp files.

see https://docs.github.com/en/get-started/getting-started-with-git/ignoring-files#configuring-ignored-files-for-all-repositories-on-your-computer
for various strategies

We can add it to "~/.config/git/ignore" as it will ignore globally on windows which we don't want. Also we don't have ".git/info/exclude" in PG project's so the best place left is projects's .gitignore. That's what was patched.

eh? git creates .git/info/exclude in every git repository AFAIK. And it's referred to here: <https://git-scm.com/docs/gitignore>

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows
Сообщение: Re: Ignore Visual Studio's Temp Files While Working with PG on Windows