Re: Since '2001-09-09 01:46:40'::timestamp microseconds are lost when extracting epoch

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Since '2001-09-09 01:46:40'::timestamp microseconds are lost when extracting epoch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Here is a new patch for this.  This now follows the implementation that
Tom has suggested:  Leave date_part() alone, add a new set of extract()
functions, and map the SQL EXTRACT construct to those.  I have basically
just copied over the implementations from my previous patch and placed
them next to the existing date_part() implementations.  So all the
behavior is still the same as in the previous patches.

One thing I still need to look into is how to not lose all the test
coverage for date_part().  But that should be fairly mechanical, so I'm
leaving it off in this version.

--
Peter Eisentraut
2ndQuadrant, an EDB company